7DRL 2020 - Day 5
March 5, 2020
A cool new feature landed today: Affixes!
Affixes are floor-wide modifiers which, when active, increase the difficulty in some way. Two affixes currently exist:
- Combustible: Monsters burst into flame when the die, leaving a hazard behind for several turns
- Vengeful: Monsters leave behind a vengeful ghost when they die
Affixes are currently applied every so many floors and are announced via some flavor text.
Other changes of note:
- Skeleton form can no longer benefit from Heart pickups; in fact it's best to avoid them...
- When Human form reaches 0 Food (aka starving) they no longer lose 1HP each step. Instead, a forced resource trade is made of 1HP for 25 food.
- Sounds! Added a few sounds here and there. More to come. (HTML5 Audio objects seem to cause bad lag in Safari, so consider another browser)
- Next up on the agenda is pivoting to content: Adding more floors, variations, monsters, trap, affixes, etc.